Why energy marketers should leave copywriting to the experts
Using professional writers will help clarify your message.
Professional writers are here to speak up for words, often undervalued, kicked to the curb by executives and often scorned in favor of eloquently designed logos and graphics.
“We’ll handle the writing ourselves,” you’ll say, because you think it can be done better and save money in the process.
Better think again.
Words matter, and if not done by a professional, could end up costing your company even more money.
Nothing against a well-designed graphic that accurately represents your energy company. But don’t overlook the importance of words and why you should trust a writing professional.
The top 8 reasons to leave your copywriting in the hands of the experts:
1. Professional writers know Google: Getting your message to the right audience means knowing how to get search engines to notice you. It’s one thing to read one or two website articles on SEO and it’s another to be trained on how to blend your message with the right words needed to make you stand out on Google.
2. They know how to get the right tone for your company. If they’ve done their homework, the payoff will come in your copy, where every word reflects who you are.
3. They get the big picture. They know that the words in a FAQ are just as important as a brochure or website for your energy company.
4. They offer a different perspective. Professional writers are on the outside, looking in. They notice things and we’re not afraid to question when necessary.
5. Professional writers are under oath to spell words correctly. With many words, a simple typo or omission of one letter changes a common word to something unsavory.
6. Professional writers know how to edit themselves.
7. And just to make sure, most agencies have a multi-tier editing process to catch what could be embarrassing mistakes.
8. And most of all, they always remember that you are the boss, the last word on what are the best words for your energy marketing message.