Montana Farmers Union
Championing Family Farms & Ranches Across Montana
WHETHER YOU LIVE IN THE COUNTRY OR THE CITY....
MONTANA FARMERS UNION
IS WORKING FOR YOU!
If you live in the country or in the city.......Montana Farmers Union is right for you. The Montana Farmers Union is a statewide grassroots organization working for family farmers, ranchers and rural communities through conferences, scholarships and other educational opportunities as well as legislative representation and support for producer-owned co-ops.
- Preserve Family Farms and Ranches
- Support for Production Agriculture
- Support Equitable Trade Among Countries
- Champion Country-of -Origin Labeling
- Oppose Monopoly/Concentration in Agriculture
- Encourage Value-Added Opportunities
- Scrutinize Predator, Wildlife Issues
- Defend Water Rights & Water Quality
- Promote Food Safety and Buying Locally
- Advocate Ethanol, Biofuels, Alternative Energy
- Endorse Alternative Crops & Livestock
- Uphold Private Property Rights
- Monitor Safety of GMO's for Producers and Consumers
Monthly publication of current agricultural issues
Legislative bill updates through e-mails or mailings
Member discounts for youth camps at Arrowpeak Camp
Group dental & vision benefits with competitive rates
Insurance opportunities through Montana Farmers Union Insurance
Accidental Death policy:
$1,000 accidental death and dismemberment policy
Your Voice in Democracy:
Washington, D.C. Office & legislative Fly-ins
State legislative lobbying
Access to NFU legislative office in Washington, D.C.
Statewide educational forums
Day camps at state convention
Attend annual state convention to shape Montana policies
Parker Memorial Golf Tournament fundraiser to support MSU cooperative education
Scholarships for qualifying high school, college & non-traditional students.
Click Here to Open Membership Form
Please print and mail membership to MFU or click here to join on-line and be invoiced.
Public Education Policy
Education is the cornerstone of our democracy. It has long been regarded as a national ethic, preceding the establishment of our country as an independent nation. The Montana Farmers Union offers several scholarships to promote students who want to go further in the study of agriculture.
National Farmers Union offers curriculum ideas for educators of all age groups
- Support equitable, quality, inclusive education for all levels because this benefits not only individuals, but our state as well. An educated citizenry is a social protection and an unparalleled economic advantage. We regard education as a public utility, not a fringe benefit.
- Promote education in cooperative philosophy and practical cooperative business operations in our public schools both locally and with the State Department of Education.
- Support adequate funding for Agriculture in Montana Schools program.
- Continue to work for equity in access and quality of educational opportunity for rural areas.
- Urge adequate funding for vocational-technical education.
- Commend and support post-secondary efforts such as WAMI (a consortium made up of the states of Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho) and WICHE (Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education), both of which offer educational opportunities, particularly in professional programs, not available in Montana.
- Urge higher priority and greater financial support for education on the state and national level.
- Reinforce methods to make school personnel aware of quality educational and resource materials on cooperative businesses and philosophy.
- Compile and keep current a list of local and regional scholarships available at Montana's schools and colleges for students in agriculture.
- Support the research and education activities of the Rural Policy Institute as a means of raising the quality of public debate on issues affecting rural people and the State of Montana.
- Recognizing the value of Ag Education and specifically the FFA program, we urge the state legislature to provide the specialists necessary to strengthen and continue this program.
- MFU urges continued support for the 6-mill levy, supporting the University system of Montana.
PO Box 2447
300 River Drive North
Great Falls, MT, 59403
Business Services » Other Business Services
Farm & Ranch
Water & Mineral Rights
Associations, Unions, Coops